Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Field trips

We've been on two field trips already this week. Yesterday we went to the blood bank on a field trip with the kids' Forensic Science class. Now, the sight of blood does not bother me, but both kids were a bit wierded out by the whole thing. When we got to the lab where they separate the plasma from the red blood cells, we watched them squish the blood around in the plastic bags. I felt myself get very hot and felt like I was going to puke! I was so light headed and almost passed out. I couldn't believe it. I had to go to the bathroom during the field trip and wipe my face down with a cool rag! I guess I won't be donating blood any time soon.

Today I took the kids to the Apple Computer Store to make DVD's with pictures. I had set up this field trip and left with plenty of time to get there early. Traffic on the highway was awful and I got lost (this place is so new that it's not on my GPS yet). I was 15 minutes late for my own field trip. How embarrasing! Anyway, the kids had a blast and want to make more DVD's! They even got free tshirts out of the deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two posts in one month! WOW! Thanks for the update. Both field trips sound really cool. The beauty of homeschooling. Dena

Anonymous said...

WOW that must of been horrible to see that blood field trip :P what did the kids say or do and your husband?? You can just facebook that to me :)
This is Grace A