Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Recovered from Jet Lag and moving on

It's been almost a week now that we've been home and I can honestly say we've all finally recovered from jet lag. It took us all through Sunday or Monday to finally be over it.

We jumped back into life as soon as we returned. The kids had PE and I went to bible study on Thursday, followed by an exhausting trip to the grocery store to buy food.

We picked out a camper on Saturday, paid for it on Monday and will be picking it up this Saturday.

On Sunday, we went back to Central Baptist (I think we plan on making this our church home). We all tried out Sunday school classes for the first time and the kids came out excited and said they had fun. We had a "substitute teacher" as the regular teacher was gone, so next week we'll get a better idea if this class is for us. The music in the sanctuary during the service is still too loud for me, no matter where we sit, so I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to wear earplugs.

It has cooled off here. Right now the temperature is 88 degrees and it will drop down to about 60 degrees at night. I am still loving the sun and warmth.

Rich has to go to Dallas next week from Wednesday through Friday, and then the week after that (Oct. 13-17) he is spending in San Antonio. My parents will be here that week for a visit.

Laurie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's almost November...need an update. We miss you and keep checking...and then pouting. Hugs.
Dena

The Harrington Family said...

Along with Dena, several of us here in COLD Wa agree...you simply must update your blog! Like isn't today someone's birthday?? We're looking for anything here...miss you!!
Debbie